Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chemo Side-effects


Well, I think they have finally worn off, so now I can properly recognize and identify them.

Monday - Chemo and well, it was just a crappy day. Starving.
Tuesday - sore and worn out from surgery, mid-afternoon got REALLY tired, spend the second half of the day REALLY tired. Still hungry from not eating enough Monday. Hungry.

Wednesday and Thursday - totally out of it, couldn't remember what drugs I had taken, was probably awake 4-6 hours total. Went to bed at 730-8 (or fell asleep on the couch and then went to sleep) both days, just totally, totally, totally out of it! Ate out of necessity.

Friday - anxious, antsy, took a mid-morning nap, but then nothing else, was awake all day, tried to sleep while the kids were at the babysitter, but couldn't, so very antsy... I think I would say this might be like coming down off of a really high high. Even took a lorazepam to go to sleep and still tossed and turned. Just couldn't settle down or rest, even though my body was saying I was tired. Starving, but full and bloated all day. Had an emotional "human moment" where I didn't want this to be happening to me. I think I really might have been high on chemo....... yikes. Even had someone go get me Panda Express... Pandas don't run, just FYI. Could've had a Sonic slush, too. (Holy crap, looking back, I mean seriously.... I was apparently high.)

Saturday - woke up with an alert mind, but seemingly tired outer body, with a busy, antsy inner body. Had to get out of the house. Tried to do anything to get the muscles going and moving. By evening, I'm feeling like myself and no longer feeling like I'm coming down off of a really high high. Morning, eating out of necessity. By evening, eating normally.

I had an instant breakfast every day and toast for breakfast. Foraged for lunch. Ate what the wonderful ward members brought for dinner. And what Shawna made and whatever take-out we got on Tuesday. I think we got take-out. And I ate a lot of ice cream.

So I think that about describes it.

The 90s Pop Radio Pandora Station is THE BEST. As is a Spice Girls rap. Promise you'll always be there-ere-ere.... Ye-es, I swe-ar.

No comments:

Post a Comment