Sunday, January 20, 2013

House, MD

Written Sunday, December 30, 2012

I think the medical system's New Year's Resolution should be to charge me less for their services. I'm just thinking that's a good idea.

I feel like a patient on an episode of House. Is it lupus???

I'm getting a cat scan on my neck and chest tomorrow to figure out where/what the thing in my neck is.

I went to the ENT and my ears, nose, and tonsils look great. But then there's that pesky 8cm mass in my neck. 8cm!!! That's like the size of a tennis ball! (How does that even fit in my neck??) Only, this might not be a circle totally, it might be kind of oblong. Or whatever. That's what the cat scan is for. Part of the reason, at least. The ultrasound didn't get a good enough picture. And it isn't behaving like what the biopsy said it should. So cat scan on Monday, here I come! I feel like I should get a special parking spot at the Imaging Center.

Anyway, if the cat scan isn't conclusive enough, I'll have an open biopsy, where the ENT will literally cut me open, take a piece of it out, and send it up to pathology while I'm lying on the table there. Doesn't that sounds exciting? I mean, really, isn't that every girl's dream?

So once we figure out exactly what it's composed of, we'll decide what to do with it and how to get rid of it. Apparently, it seems to be partially wrapped around my carotid artery, and that's not good. And then there's my vocal chords to worry about. Knick those guys and I could have a permanently hoarse voice.... oh, you know, for the rest of my life. Cut them and I'm done for. I'll definitely be getting some blessings along this route of mine. I mean, like asking for priesthood blessings, not receiving lots of blessings, haha. Clarify, Adrienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment