Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

My heart is full today. I am so blessed to be the mom of my two girls. They bring so much joy into my life.

My Bella girl wanted to cuddle with me all last night - she didn't go to bed until VERY late so that she could cuddle with me on the couch. We have been cuddling a lot lately and I love it. It makes me so happy to hold my children in my arms and hug them tight.

Today I went to church even though I wasn't supposed to just so that I could see Bella sing the Mother's Day songs in sacrament meeting and then give her scripture in Primary that she has been working on all week. She has that scripture memorized! But right before all the kids went up to sing, Bella got a major case of stage fright. Nothing and no one could get her up on the stage! I couldn't even convince her by telling her Daddy could go with her. She knows all the songs; I know she does because she has been singing them all week. I was so excited to see her sing them with all the gusto and excitement she has about everything else in life. And to see her up there singing so proudly because she knows the words and she loves me. And this little girl wants to go up and bear her testimony on a regular basis (she doesn't, but she wants to). Last year, it was everything we could do to keep her from going up with the kids to sing because she wanted to be up there. It was just totally out of character. But she snuggled on my lap, and what more could I ask for? I held her tight and wrapped my arms around her. I'm a sobfest, so of course I was bawling my eyes out, but not because I was sad that she didn't sing. I was bawling because I love my baby girls and Bella didn't want to leave me to sing. I was bawling because I felt so blessed and lucky to have these girls and I felt so blessed to be able to be at church with them today. It's okay that she didn't sing - though I really have no idea where her bout of stage fright came from - because she's my daughter and I know that she loves me, even if she doesn't sing. My heart was also touched by all the other kids singing so proudly to their moms. There was so much love at church today.

Bella decided not to give her scripture today either. I really just do not know what got into her. She wasn't singing the wiggle songs at the beginning of Primary, she didn't want to go sit with her class, she was just being so out of character. I even tried to bribe her to get her to give her scripture. She wanted nothing to do with it - and I was offering up some good prizes (shoes, necklace, earrings, toy, basically anything she wanted). She told the Primary President she wants to do it next week, so we will try again next week. I'm super shocked by her stage fright, it's so unlike her, and she really has the entire scripture memorized, but she's her own little spirit and person and it's okay that she didn't do it today. I'm just going to give her more hugs when she gets home today. :)

I really do feel so blessed and fortunate to have my kids. And I really am a sobfest - I have my Dad's emotions and for goodness sake, we bring the waterworks everywhere we go. I actually didn't wear makeup to church today because I knew I would cry. :)

Makenzie is such a lively little girl. She is all over the place at church and, yet, she is maintained and doesn't go too crazy, so she's really not as crazy as she could be. haha. :) She plays so well with Bella and with other kids. She's outgoing and silly and she knows who she is. I'm grateful that I have two little spunky girls who know who they are and aren't going to let anyone else tell them who to be. I hope they stay that way their entire life.

I wish I could remember all the details of their lives. I feel like I can't even remember which one was more of a cuddler as a baby or who is the more mellow one. I'm hoping my poor memory motivates me to blog/journal about them regularly so that I can remember later on down the road. They're such wonderful children and I want to be here for every single thing that happens to them in life. I want to be by their side or cheering them on from the bleachers, whatever it is and wherever it is. They're my pride and joy and they make me so, so, so very happy. I love my little girls.

1 comment:

  1. i am currently serving in primary. about half the kids in JR primary never give their scriptures/prayers/talks because they chicken out. so you're in good company.

    and i totally know what you mean about forgetting all these little details about your kids' lives! it's scary! sheesh.

    ReplyDelete